Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Why Rolling Stone magazine Must Die ? - The Prodigy - Invaders must die review




My jaw dropped when I read the review. Are the people at Rolling Stone magazine just overpaid idiots who have a very limited view of music genres?
In my opinion. Why just shut the fuck up and listen to mainstream rock bands since you don´t seem to understand a shits worth about real electronic music.

http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/album/26079086/review/26212688/invaders_must_die

The Prodigy - Invaders Must Die

My review:
This album has got the real Prodigy back together. It´s a modern fusion of the good old and classic rave sounds, hits and stabs that Prodigy had already in the early 90´s. But topped with modern drum and bass reece basses and glitch tweaking. Not to forget about distorted synth sounds and breakbeat loops.
Just listen to track "Take Me to the Hospital". I first saw the video before getting the whole album which then blew my mind when I listened it with my headphones!
This album is not just for harassing your neighbour with your stereos but also good for listening and on the dancefloor. The track "Warriors Dance" has got some really nice old school vocals in 90´s style.
For my surprise the album had one nice analog synth style of track "Omen Reprise".
This is a different version from second track on the album "Omen"
They could have also renamed that into "Omen synth" because the track does not have any beats.

The production is modern but in true The Prodigy (the original band) style. Not just one man behind his computer. I think the previous Prodigy albums did suffer badly from the other band members absence. Of course I am talking about "Always Outnumbered _Never_Outgunned". For true I only liked only couple of tracks on that album.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Always_Outnumbered,_Never_Outgunned

The album has got many visiting artists:

The album features drummer Dave Grohl (Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures) on drums for "Run with the Wolves".
(Source Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prodigy#Invaders_Must_Die)

It is said that some bands left the worst song to the last but this is not the case with The Prodigy. The real recorded drumming with horn sections and with TB Acid lines mark 3:00. This track is just like a cherry on the top of the album!

My tears almost felled on my cheeks and my skin went onto goose pumps because it felt so good to listen to this "Stand Up". It´s just like a "farewell to listener" style of song on very last on the album.
This track reminds me of Chemical Brothers style when they remixed Oasis but this is way much better.

Last words for Rolling Stone magazine: Shut the fuck up

No comments: