Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Daft Punk album on iTunes - track 3 - Giorgio by Moroder

Excerpt from the lyrics from track 3 "Giorgio by Moroder" on the latest Daft Punk album Random Access Memories.
So basically on this track Giorgio Moroder tells about the history and beginning of the future sound that started the era of futuristic disco music.
 He had a consept in his head that needed to be solved in studio by using click sound as a recorded metronome sound to be used as a sync for all tracks. ------

 I would partially sleep in the car because I didn't want to drive home and that helped me for about almost two years to survive. In the beginning, I wanted to do an album with the sounds of the 50s, the sounds of the 60s, of the 70s, and then have a sound of the future.

 I know the synthesizer, "Why don't I use the synthesizer?", which is the sound of the future. And I didn't have any idea what to do but I knew I needed a click so we put a click on the 24 track which was then synced to the moog modular. I knew that it could be a sound of the future but I didn't realize how much impact it would be. Listen to album in iTunes

No comments: